The Beetle Juice team grouped together in their cozy, fire-lit Surrey office to come up with these ways to add some sparkle to your special day...
The venue, the dress, the flowers, the food: all key elements to any wedding BUT, the ‘pièce de résistance’ is undoubtedly the liquid courage that gets guests on their feet and dancing the night away.
The trick is to design a cocktail menu so ‘on-point’ that your guests will be talking about that special alcoholic blend for years to come! Here are some simple and striking ways to keep your guests smiling from some of our cocktail experts.
First things first, be sure to cater for everybody...
With the right cocktail menu, you might find that even your Grandfather or Great Aunt Emily steps away from the draught real ale or the sherry for a taste of something new!
1. Get fruity with Mocktails for those who aren’t keen on alcohol and those younger members of your wedding party. Try our name-sake and crowd favourite: Beetle Juice with apple juice, raspberry, lychee and lime or stock up on a small selection of berries and keep it simple by allowing guests to choose their favourite to add a bit of zing to soft drinks such as lemonade, soda or tonic.
2. Smoke it up with a classic cocktail such as an Old Fashioned or an Amaretto Sour, guaranteed to please even the pickiest of drinkers!
3. Twist it up
Everyone has a favourite, a ‘usual’ they are afraid to shy away from! Put a contemporary twist on classic drinks and you will probably find that most will walk away from the day with a new order for their local bartender:
The Pom-Pom = Step back into Springtime with a twist on the classic Gin and Tonic:
4. Out with the Mulled and in with the Espressos!
It’s a fact that the Espresso Martini has smashed its way into the top spot as cocktail of choice for Millenials in the UK at trendy bars all over town. Add 25ml Coffee Liquor such as Kahlua and 25ml Irish Cream Liquor such as Baileys to a double shot of freshly brewed coffee to update it for a drink that warms the soul and packs a punch!
Image Source: UK Wedding Blog Rock My Wedding
5. Set up a ‘Pimp My Prosecco’ station
This doesn’t just look like a visual masterpiece, guests can design their own drink for a minimal effort but maximum impact solution.
REMEMBER: Clean is key!
When it comes to bar service at weddings and events: it’s all about quality. Make sure your venue is set up to provide a seamless cocktail service or hire a quirky mobile bar like the Beetle Juice VW pop-up.
It's official: Beetle Juice VW Cocktail Bar have been shortlisted for the Best Concession / Bar Category at the Festival Supplier Awards 2018! We are super excited to be considered and feel very proud to be up against some of the best in the business.
For the fifth year running, Beetle Juice took one of our beautiful bars out to party with her VW friends in Weston Park for the festival’s 10th anniversary.
3 Days, 1,500 drinks and 96 man-hours from 4 of our quality mixologists later – the team trundled the 175 mile journey back down the dreaded M1: exhausted, hungry and hungover. Battered and bruised and we still cannot WAIT to do it all again next year!
Check out the festival after-movie for a taste of life in the VW community!
Cocktails are definitely what we do best BUT, here is a fun fact for you: Company owner and director Julian Gomma is known for his soft spot for the friendly and furry. Therefore, it would come as little surprise that Beetle Juice was back for the second year running at Vetfest 2017. Here’s Jonny showing supervet, Noel Fitzpatrick how to mix a Gin Fix behind the bar at this year’s event in Losely Park, Surrey.
Back at Wireless for our biggest year yet!
Sun-drowned and with queues for miles, the team took on Wireless Festival at Finsbury Park, serving some of our best drinks to what felt like every single one of the 50,000 daily attendees!
We're not done yet!
You can still get your dose of Beetle Juice cocktails this festival season at...
-. MUSIC MANIA in Worthing, Sussex
- STAYCATION LIVE in Godalming, Surrey
- CHILLI FIESTA in Midhurst, Sussex
- WEYFEST in Tilford, Surrey
- TOWESEY FESTIVAL in Thame, Oxfordshire
- CREAMFIELDS in Daresbury,Cheshire
- SOUTH WEST FOUR in Clapham, London
- BEXHILL SEA FESTIVAL in Bexhill-on-sea, Sussex
- THE SOCIAL FESTIVAL in Maidstone, Kent
- SOUTH BEATS FESTIVAL in Port Lympne, Kent
Come and find us at a festival near you!
This week we had the privilege of shaking up a storm for the Taylor Morris team and their friends. The Stylish Uk sunglass company held the the Uk volleyball tournament at the fantastic Neverland venue in Fulham, London. Even better they asked us to bring our own team. How could we possibly resist that.